NAIOP Calgary Chapter recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information. During a visit to our website, your privacy is respected.
Collection of Information
We do not collect personal information about you unless you choose to send us an e-mail, or register for a NAIOP Calgary event, at which time you voluntarily provide your name and contact information. Be assured that your email address will never be rented, sold, or shared with any third party.
Usersâ personal information received by e-mail or online registration is provided only to NAIOP Calgary representatives who require the information to respond to inquiries or confirm registrations. We protect all personal information in our custody with strong security safeguards, including strict access controls.
We may use Internet address information to personally identify you when necessary to enforce rights, or when required to do so by law.
Because registration for a NAIOP event implies interest in other events to follow, we also may use internet address information to electronically provide notices of upcoming events we believe may be of interest to you. Rest assured, NAIOP Calgary fully complies with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), and at all times recipients of these emails have the option to unsubscribe from future event notices and the chapter will immediately respect your choice.
Our website is hosted on servers owned and managed by a third party. Applicable law protects any personal information collected on our behalf.
Our servers automatically log information about visits to our website in the normal course of establishing and maintaining web connections. Server logs record statistical information, such as time and date of visits, pages requested, and browser types. These statistics are reported in aggregate forms to our communications staff. This information does not personally identify you. We do not link server log information to any other data in a way that would enable us to identify individual visitors. This tracked information will not be used by any other organization.
Other sites to which we provide links may be governed by different policies. NAIOP does not assume responsibility for the information practices of these other website.
NAIOP Calgary Chapter welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that NAIOP Calgary Chapter has not adhered to this Statement, please contact NAIOP Calgary on the Contact Page of this website. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
Any other copying, reproduction, publication or republication, modification, download, upload, posting, distribution, dissemination or transmission of the Content is prohibited and constitutes infringement and violation of the intellectual property and other rights of NAIOP CALGARY.
Framing of the Content of this Website, or similar dealing with the Content, without the express permission of NAIOP CALGARY is prohibited.
4) Unacceptable Uses of Site Users may not use the Website in order to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
5) Specific Prohibited Uses the Website may be used only for lawful purposes. NAIOP CALGARY specifically prohibits any use of the Website, and all users agree not to use the Website, for any of the following:
â¢ Posting any incomplete, misleading, false or inaccurate information.
â¢ Deleting or revising any material posted by any other person or entity.
â¢ Using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website or any activity being conducted on this site.
â¢ If you have a password allowing access to a non-public area of this Website, disclosing to or sharing your password with any third parties or using your password for any unauthorized purpose.
6) User Information You understand and agree that NAIOP CALGARY may disclose to third parties, on an anonymous basis, certain aggregate information contained in your membership registration application. NAIOP CALGARY will not disclose to any third party your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number without your prior consent, except to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or in legal proceedings where such information is relevant.
7) User Submissions As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their being posted. You must not, and by using this Website you agree not to, do the following things: post material that is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it; post material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner; post material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others; post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to another user or any other person or entity; post a sexually-explicit image or statement; post advertisements or solicitations of business, post chain letters or pyramid schemes; impersonate another person; or post material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, bots or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
NAIOP CALGARY does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of communications posted by users or endorse any opinions expressed by users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at your own risk.
By submitting content to any public or non-public area of the Website, including the bulletin boards and the discussion forum, you grant NAIOP CALGARY and its affiliates a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license, with the right to grant sublicenses (through multiple tiers) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed (including digital media and the Internet), for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. You irrevocably waive all moral rights in or to such content. You also warrant that the holder of any rights, including moral rights and copyrights, in such content, has completely and effectively assigned or waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. You also permit any User to access, display, view, store and reproduce such content for personal use. Subject to the foregoing, the owner of such content placed on the Website retains any and all rights that may exist in such content.
8) Registration and Password You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify NAIOP CALGARY of any unauthorized use of your registration or password.
9) NAIOP CALGARY ‘s Liability The Content of the Website is for general informational purposes only and is provided merely as a convenience for interested parties. The Content does not constitute business, financial, investment, tax, legal or other advice and you agree that you will not act, or refrain from acting, in reliance on or based on the Content.
Because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, NAIOP CALGARY cannot and does not confirm that each user is who they claim to be. NAIOP CALGARY is under no legal obligation to, and generally does not, control the information provided by other users which is made available through the Website. Other userâs information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the Website.
10) No Warranties NAIOP CALGARY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEBSITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJANS, SPYWARE, MALWARE OR ANY OTHER MALICIOUS OR DESTRUCTIVE CONTENT OR CODE, OR THE RESULTS OF HACKING, CRACKING OR OTHER MALICIOUS HUMAN ACTIVITIES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “THREATS”). YOU ACCESS, VIEW, DOWNLOAD AND USE THE CONTENT SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WARRANT AND REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE TAKEN REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS BY WAY OF, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PURCHASE AND USE OF THE LATEST ANTI-VIRUS AND OTHER TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS TO AVOID ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOU FROM ANY OF THE THREATS. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THE INTERNET IS AN INHERENTLY INSECURE AND NOT FULLY DEPENDABLE MEDIUM AND THAT DATA AND INFORMATION MAY BE LOST, MODIFIED, DISTORTED OR INTERCEPTED IN TRANSIT, THAT THE CONTENT MAY NOT BE ACCURATE OR COMPLETE WHEN VIEWED, ACCESSED OR DOWNLOADED BY YOU TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR DISPLAY AND/OR USE AND THAT NAIOP CALGARY SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY SUCH LOSS, MODIFICATION, DISTORTION OR INTERCEPTION.
THE WEBSITE, CONTENT AND DOCUMENTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “WHERE IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY PROMISES, GUARANTEES, CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. NAIOP CALGARY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL PROMISES, GUARANTEES, CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY CONDITION OR WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NAIOP CALGARY MAKES NO PROMISES, GUARANTEES, CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR CURRENCY OF THE CONTENT, DOCUMENTS, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
11) Disclaimer of Consequential Damages IN NO EVENT SHALL NAIOP CALGARY , ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SERVANTS OR AGENTS OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, COST, OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR HARM TO BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, PROGRAMS OR DATA, FAILURE TO REALIZE EXPECTED PROFITS, REVENUES OR SAVINGS, INTERRUPTION OF ACTIVITIES OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR ECONOMIC LOSS) WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY DEFECTS, INACCURACIES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT WITHOUT REGARD TO THE FORM OF ACTION, EVEN IF NAIOP CALGARY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE OR IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.
12) Limitation of Liability The aggregate liability for NAIOP CALGARY to you for all claims arising from the use of the Content is limited to $100.00 in Canadian currency.
13) Links to Other Sites The Website may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by NAIOP CALGARY of the contents on such third-party Websites. NAIOP CALGARY is not responsible for the content of linked third party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party Websites, or the availability of such Websites. If you decide to access linked third-party Websites, you do so at your own risk.
14) Alberta Law Applies The laws of the province of Alberta and the laws of Canada applicable therein shall govern use of this website and the interpretation, validity and effect of this agreement, notwithstanding any conflict of laws, provisions or your domicile, residence or physical location. You hereby consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the province of Alberta, without regard to their conflicts of laws rules in any action or proceeding related to this Website and agree not to commence any such action or proceeding except in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The foregoing shall apply notwithstanding your jurisdiction of residence, physical presence or domicile.
15) Termination NAIOP CALGARY shall have the right to terminate the Website, or your ability to access the Website and/or the Content at any time without cause or notice, or recourse or claim for damages by you. NAIOP CALGARY further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to deletion of your postings from this Website and immediate termination of your registration with or ability to access the Website, the Content and/or any other good or service provided to you by NAIOP CALGARY , upon any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or if NAIOP CALGARY is unable to verify or authenticate any information you submit to the Website registration with or ability to access the Website.
16) Indemnity You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless NAIOP CALGARY , its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees (judicial and extra-judicial), alleged or resulting from your access to the Website or use of the Content or your breach of the terms of these Terms and Conditions. NAIOP CALGARY shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
17) Changes to Content NAIOP CALGARY may add, remove or change the Content at any time without cause or notice, or recourse or claim for damages by you.